|Posted by Webmaster on April 1, 2020 at 10:55 AM|
I get so excited when I receive woven chairs seats and backs sent by Canada Post for weaving repair. Why you might ask do I get so excited. I'll tell you why.
1. Provides access to a service which can't be found locally
2. Extends the use and life of woven chairs
3. Keeps chairs out of the landfills
4. Preserves the sentimental value of family heirlooms
How easy is it to mail woven pieces for repair you ask
1. Most chair seats and backs can easily be removed by screws holding the chair seats and backs to the chair frame.
2. Wrap the pieces in bubble wrap or crunched up newspaper.
3. Pack them in a box
4. Contact Caning Canada to let me know you are shipping your chair seats and back.
5. Mail them to me from your local post office ensuring that you indicated signature required so they don't get left outside if I'm not home. So far packages have cost around $30 to ship from BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. I even had a three panel settee couriered from Winnipeg with hanging medallions. What a lovely piece. That wasn't $30 however the client was more then happy to pay the courier cost to restore her mother-in-laws heirloom which was part of a set to include two chairs.
6. Once they have been woven I will return them collect freshly woven to include the return postage, the cost of weaving and a $7 dollar fee that Canada Post charges for the service.
easy peasy lemon squeezy
Check out my website to see samples of my work. https://www.caningcanada.com/